The School Council meets on a Friday once a half term, Each form group has a class representative and a deputy representative. The school council offers pupils in school a chance for the their voice to be heard. Minutes are taken and shared with the staff too enable them to feedback at the next meeting.
Purpose of the School Council
The purpose of the School Council is to:
- Plan and organise activities and projects which will foster the social growth and civic development of The Observatory School pupils.
- Assist the school in projects that benefit the pupils and the school.
- Give the school pupils a voice in matters that affect them.
Form Representatives Duties
The Form Representatives duties include:
- Upholding the constitution of The Observatory School School Council.
- Reporting and representing the thoughts and ideas of their class to the Council.
- Attending all meetings.
- Helping with any School Council events.
- Informing their class of any news or events discussed in the School Council meetings.