As we are approaching half term we would like to thank parents and carers with the return to school. We would like to also ask you for your full support in following our COVID safe measures. These are very important as they protect the community, the staff and the pupils.
Please can you at all times:
- Adhere always to social distancing and keep at least one metre from other parents, pupils and staff. Please be aware that the World Health Organisation (WHO) has stated: “Fabric masks are recommended to prevent onward transmission in the general population in public areas, particularly where distancing is not possible”
- Support the school with handwashing. Please remind and encourage the pupils that handwashing is an essential COVID safety measure and helps prevent the transmission of the virus.
Our assemblies this week were about integrity and kindness. We looked at what they both mean and the pupils were all set a kindness challenge. We also looked at our Star of the Day system and how pupils could earn the Gold Reward on a Friday. Pupils now have to earn 12 points in a week in order to earn the special award. Gold certificates are worth 3 points, Silver 2 and Bronze 1 point. It was wonderful to see 15 of our pupils earning this award this week. Those pupils all earned themselves a MacDonalds to eat with Miss Gower.
If your child is unable to attend school, please call after 8.30 am.
When symptoms should I look out for in regards to Coronavirus?
Please monitor for symptoms of coronavirus. Your child should not come to school if they have:
- A high temperature – hot to the chest or your back
- A new continuous cough
- A loss or change to your taste or smell or taste
If your child has a symptom then you should get a coronavirus test done before returning to school. We can help you with this process so please make sure you always keep us updated.
- Important information: When you have important information about holidays, medical information, special leave etc., please make sure you let the office staff know. Telling the teachers is useful BUT the office staff need to be told by you too.
- Attendance: Please make sure that you try to take any holiday outside of term time. Part of school performance is measured by their attendance data. Pupils that have good attendance achieve well at school.
Ways you can communicate with school:
We have now fully set up ClassDojo, thank you to Mrs Williamson who has now set up the school page. Here you can see our notices and also link to your child class. Teachers will be uploading points and photographs of the positive things your child is doing in school. It is great to see so many parents and carers interacting with the school in this way. You can send direct messages to staff members through the platform. Downloading the ClassDojo app is the best way to receive notifications directly to your phone or device.
You can also ring the school directly on 0151 602 7093 - please note that the reception opens at 8.30 am.
You can email the school office on firstname.lastname@example.org
For any safeguarding concerns, you can email Mrs Baird on http://email@example.com
Finally, every week we celebrate pupils achievements through our whole school Celebration Assembly. At the moment we do this via Zoom, Miss Gower calls all of the classes together and we look at the Wall of Fame. We also have a Wheel of Fame where all of the names from the wall are added to a virtual wheel. Well done to Sam and Shaye who won this weeks prize.
To view this weeks wall please click on the link below: