Covid Update – Remote Learning – Self Isolating
Covid-19 Outbreak Update
You will have heard through the media that there is an increase in the numbers of positive cases of COVID-19 both nationally and in our local area. Unfortunately, this is having an impact in school with high numbers of staff testing positive and multiple cases in school. Please be assured that we continue to keep measures in place to reduce transmission as far as possible.
Key measures already in place are;
- Classroom windows remain open to ensure adequate ventilation
- Students should continue to use the many sanitiser stations around school, cleaning hands regularly
- Enhanced cleaning continues to be in operation.
- Staff members have been advised to wear masks in communal areas.
- Limited movement around the building where possible.
We have spoken to Public Health a number of times this week and they have advised that we consider reintroducing some measures to help minimise the number of people absent and to reduce the risk of further transmission.
We had to make the decision to close 2 year 10 classes this week due to staff shortages caused by the outbreak. Work for all pupils who are not in school is available online.
Thank you for your continues support suring this difficult time.