Home visits are important in helping the school to make contact with new or hard to reach parent/carers. They are useful as they enable the parents/carer to have contact with the school, but in their own environment. Home visits are to be used when:
- Pupils are refusing to come into school.
- New intake pupils where specific needs have been identified in prior contact
- When there are attendance issues/concerns.
- To confirm a family are living at a certain address.
- When all other means of contact with the family has failed.