Key Stage 3 Curriculum
Within Key Stage 3 (Years 7, 8 and 9) we have a dedicated and caring team of teachers and teaching assistants.
We have 6 groups in Key Stage 3:
- Parks – Year 7 Sensory – Miss Herbison and Mrs Flannagan
- Newton – Year 7 Social – Miss Scott and Miss Mainwaring
- Curie – Year 8 Sensory – Mr Freeman and Mrs Riley
- Castner – Year 8 Social – Mrs Conway and Mr Garland
- Anderson – Year 9 Sensory – Miss Davies and Mrs Forbes
- Turing – Year 9 Social – Ms Quatermass and Mr Paradyze
In year 7, 8 and 9 pupils are taught in base classes where they have 1 teacher and TA for most of the day. They have specialist teachers for Science, PE and Computing.
Pupils complete ASDAN awards which are embedded into their curriculum. Year 9 pupils work towards their Functional Skills tests in English and Maths.
All subjects have delivered a ‘Recovery Curriculum’, identifying gaps in learning due to the lockdown, with subjects adapting their curriculum to ensure no student is left behind. Wellbeing and RSE is also a central focus.