Key Stage 3 Curriculum
Within key stage 3 (Years 7, 8 and 9) we have a dedicated and caring team of teachers and teaching assistants.
We have 6 groups in key stage 3:
- Watson – Year 7 Sensory – Miss Herbison and Miss Forbes
- Adams – Year 7 Social – Miss Conway and Mrs Lockwood
- Banksy – Year 7 Intervention – Mr Blaylock and Mr Campbell
- Parks – Year 8 Sensory – Mr Freeman and Mrs Flanagan
- Newton – Year 8 Social – Miss Scott and Mr Lohan
- Curie – Year 9 Sensory – Ms Quatermass and Mrs Riley
- Castner – Year 9 Social – Miss Davies and Mr Beatie
In year 7, 8 and 9 pupils are taught in base classes where they have 1 teacher and TA for most of the day. They have specialist teachers for science, PE and computing.
Pupils complete ASDAN awards which are embedded into their curriculum. Year 9 pupils work towards their Functional Skills tests in English and maths.