The staff and governors at The Observatory School are committed to safeguarding the welfare of our pupils and to providing a safe environment with robust systems to ensure the safety and healthy development of all our pupils, within the school grounds and on related school trips and other activities.
What to do if you are concerned about a child
Children and young people have the right to grow up safe from harm or abuse. If you are worried about a child or young person, please tell someone about your concerns. You can contact our Designated Officers by phoning 0151 652 7093 or emailing using the information below. If out of school hours ring he Central Advice and Duty Team (CADT) on 0151 606 2008 or in an emergency situation call 999
Mr Chiswell - Designated Safeguarding Lead
If you have a concern about a pupil in our school please contact me on 0151 652 7093 or email me on firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs Baird - Deputy Safeguarding Lead
If you have a concern about a pupil in our school please contact me on 0151 652 7093 or email me on email@example.com
How else can I report a concern?
- CEOP helps keep children and young people stay safe from sexual abuse and grooming online
- They will provide practical advice on how to talk to your child and how to keep them safe
- If in immediate danger please call the police on 999 straight away
The CEOP button on the website is specifically for reporting online sexual exploitation or child exploitation concerns. If you have any other concerns please speak to a DSL at school.
- Help for children and young people
- Calls are free and confidential and won’t appear on your phone bill
- Tel: 0800 1111
- Help for adults concerned about a child
- People who call can remain anonymous
- Tel: 0808 800 5000